Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 10: FRIDAY

I think the title says it all. And I"m also happy because next week is Thanksgiving, who doesn't like that! I think today I'll talk all about food. Yesterday at my school's dining hall they had Thanksgiving night, don't ask me why they did it so early, but, the did. And guess what? THEY HAD POMEGRANATES!!! Hehe I haven't had one in ages, so last night I had lots of fun with that.

How to open and eat a Pomegranate:
(Oh, what the hell, I'll do it right and copy and past someone else's pretty instructions...)

This is what you need 1) A pomegranate 2) A big bowl of water 3) A knife 4) Your fingers

First with your knife slice the pokey end off the top

Next with your knife score the skin of the pomegranate from top to bottom as if you were making it look like a pumpkin. You don't want to cut too deep and damage those magical seeds. Just deep enough to peel each section back a little later on.

Now place your pomegranate in your bowl of water. This is the breakthrough. This is the killer app.

While keeping the pomegranate in the water and using just your fingers gently peel a section apart. This is the epiphany monet. You should notice something that will literally change your life and make pomegrante's a bigger part of your life. Yes, it's true the seeds sink helplessly to the bottom of the bowl while the other nasty stuff you don't eat, floats to the top.

Keep working until you have a huge pile of seeds at the bottom and then skim all the non-edible stuff off the top and throw it away.

Now drain the water and you have a pile of crunchy, juicy, anti-oxidant filled pomegranate seeds to enjoy.

Remember these babies stain like nobodies business. So be careful.

Now, I have to repeat the stain warning... do not wear a shirt you are not willing to have purple spots on! Also might stain your fingers a tiny but, but it's well worth it. Also, though I didn't do it this time, the little individual seedy things freeze very well without losing their texture, so if you don't eat all the seeds in one sitting you can save them for a later date! Keep in mind, pomegranates are VERY healthy.

Check out my poll... what's your favorite type of pie at Thanksgiving time?

No comments:

Music